The cost of higher education isn't cheap and federal aid isn’t always enough, especially if you attend a private college or university. That’s why at EFCU, we proudly offer Credit Union Student Choice Loans with zero origination fees, more flexible repayment terms and lower overall loan rates.
EFCU’s Credit Union Student Choice Loans help ease the financial strain of our members by filling the gap between the cost of attendance and traditional financial aid. Our student loan program was designed with the best interest of our members in mind, so before you talk to a loan officer about getting a loan at EFCU, we want to be sure you’ve gotten as much free and federal money as possible:
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. After you submit the FAFSA, your college will tell you what school and federal aid is available to you.
- Search for grants and scholarships, which cost you nothing and do not have to be repaid. Talk to your school’s financial aid office for help and visit www.studentaid.ed.gov or www.finaid.org to search for and research scholarships.
- Take out the maximum amount of Federal Stafford loans. In some cases, the government pays the interest while you’re in school.
If you still need aid, EFCU can help. Credit Union Student Choice Loans were created with one goal in mind – helping you finance a higher education without a higher price tag. For more info and helpful tips, please click on the links below:
- EFCU’s CU Student Loan Fact Sheet
- The Guide to Federal Student Aid
- Ultimate FAFSA Resource Guide
- Online Webinar - College Financing 101: Understanding your Award Letter
- Join our next National Webinar - June 21st - Understanding Student Loans