Visa® Debit Card
- Access your Choice Checking™ account without the hassle of writing a check
- Shop wherever Visa is accepted
- Get cash or make deposits at any EFCU ATM
- We've teamed up with other credit unions (local and national) to share free ATM usage through the Alliance One network and through 5/3 Bank's network
A remote control for your Debit Card
- Instant alerts sent to your primary device
- Turn off your card if it's lost or stolen
- Set spending parameters and restrictions
- Organize your receipts
- Location controls
Take control and help prevent fraud with MobiMoney!
VISA's eGuard program is one more line of defense when you are shopping online. The best part - you're automatically enrolled in the program. E-Guard helps to ensure it is you authorizing the purchase by sending you a free, one-time passcode to enter at checkout, or by prompting you to answer questions. This is a new product, so watch for more information in the near future!
You should still keep a watchful eye on your accounts and transactions to quickly identify anything that looks out of the ordinary. Unauthorized transactions on your account will not be your responsibility . If you see suspicious activity, please contact us immediately at 812-424-2621.
Checkout Dilemma: Credit or Debit?
We've all done it. You're out shopping, ready to use your debit card and the sales clerk asks "Credit or debit?" It's a debit card, so you say, "Debit," right? Not necessarily.
Some features are the same whether you pick credit or debit. Both are withdrawn from you checking account and can be tracked using online banking or your monthly statement. But there are important differences.
- A transaction processed with your signature
- Transaction is processed through credit card networks, giving you additional security offered by credit card companies, including Visa's Zero Liability protection and the streamlined dispute resolution
- A transaction authorized by entering a PIN
- Transaction is processed through the EFT network (no additional liability protection)
- Ability to get cash back
Next time you're at the checkout, choose credit and benefit from the additional liability protection. For more information about your EFCU debit card, contact us at 812.424.2621, option 5.