Contactless Visa® Debit Card
With our Contactless Debit Card, you can avoid unnecessary contact while making purchases - no need to touch the vendor's payment terminal! This is a great way to avoid coming into contact with extra germs during your day. Have questions about our contactess cards? Call or text us today 812.424.2621.
- Simply tap, pay & be on your way - contactless cards are the new secure, quick and easy way to pay - no need to touch the payment terminal at the vendor
- Access your Choice Checking™ account without the hassle of writing a check
- Shop wherever Visa is accepted
- Get cash or make deposits at any EFCU ATM
- We've teamed up with other credit unions (local and national) to share free ATM usage through the Alliance One network and through 5/3 Bank's network
What is a contactless payment? A Contactless payment is a secure method for consumers to purchase products or services using a debit, credit, or smart card—also known as a chip card—by using RFID technology or near-field communication (NFC).
How do you use your new Contactless Debit Card? It's simple! Look for the contactless payment symbol (vendors that accept contactless payment will have this symbol) . Then, to make a contactless payment, tap your card near a point of sale terminal that is equipped with the contactless payment technology. If you don't want to pay with the contactless method, you can use your chip- no worries!
After Hours 866-664-9364
PIN change 1-800-851-4859
Mobile Wallets are LIVE- Apple, Google & Samsung Pay
What is a mobile wallet? Carry your favorite cards on your devices so you can pay in-person, in-app or online. A digital wallet is a system that securely stores users' payment information and passwords for numerous payment methods and websites. By using a digital wallet, users can complete purchases easily and quickly with near-field communications technology. They can also create stronger passwords without worrying about whether they will be able to remember them later.
How do you use Apple Pay?
- To use your default card, double-click the side button, then glance at your iPhone to authenticate with Face ID, or enter your passcode.
- Hold the top of your iPhone within a few centimeters of the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on the display.
How do you use Samsung Pay? Make a payment using the app. When you're ready to pay, open Samsung Pay on your phone. Tap Pay, and select your preferred card. Tap PIN or IRIS, and then enter the required security information. Or if you have fingerprint security set up, simply place your finger on your phone's fingerprint scanner
How do you set up and use Google Pay?
- Download the app on Google Play or the App Store, or visit pay.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account and add a payment method.
- If you want to use Google Pay in stores, check to see if your phone has NFC.
A remote control for your Debit Card
- Instant alerts sent to your primary device
- Turn off your card if it's lost or stolen
- Set spending parameters and restrictions
- Organize your receipts
- Location controls
Take control and help prevent fraud with MobiMoney!
VISA's eGuard program is one more line of defense when you are shopping online. The best part - you're automatically enrolled in the program. E-Guard helps to ensure it is you authorizing the purchase by sending you a free, one-time passcode to enter at checkout, or by prompting you to answer questions. This is a new product, so watch for more information in the near future!
You should still keep a watchful eye on your accounts and transactions to quickly identify anything that looks out of the ordinary. Unauthorized transactions on your account will not be your responsibility . If you see suspicious activity, please contact us immediately at 812-424-2621.
Checkout Dilemma: Credit or Debit?
We've all done it. You're out shopping, ready to use your debit card and the sales clerk asks "Credit or debit?" It's a debit card, so you say, "Debit," right? Not necessarily.
Some features are the same whether you pick credit or debit. Both are withdrawn from you checking account and can be tracked using online banking or your monthly statement. But there are important differences.
- A transaction processed with your signature
- Transaction is processed through credit card networks, giving you additional security offered by credit card companies, including Visa's Zero Liability protection and the streamlined dispute resolution
- A transaction authorized by entering a PIN
- Transaction is processed through the EFT network (no additional liability protection)
- Ability to get cash back
Next time you're at the checkout, choose credit and benefit from the additional liability protection. For more information about your EFCU debit card, contact us at 812.424.2621, option 5.