Youth Accounts & Products
Help your kids grow into financially independent adults with one of our FREE youth programs:
- CU Discover™ for kids 12 and under
- CU Succeed® for teens 13 - 17
- CU Achieve™ for students 18 - 21
We also have special products exclusively for our youth members:
- Smart Start Checking™
- Smart Start Certificates™
- Student Loans
- Credit Unions Rock Website
CU Discover™ (Kids 12 & under)
CU Discover Kids Club was created to help younger members learn all about money and savings:
- Rewards - choose a prize from the treasure chest after each deposit made to your CU Discover Kids Club Account!
- The Coindexter Club - What do eight lively kids, one pig and a professor all have in common? They make up The Coindexter Club and they all have an active role in teaching you about money. CU Discover members ages 5-12 will get access to Professor Coindexter's Attic, an interactive website offering fun activities that teach lessons about money.
CU Succeed® (Teens 13-17)
The CU Succeed Teens Financial Network was designed to teach EFCU's teen members about money, credit, the importance of savings, and how to become financially responsible:
- CU Succeed has a super-cool interactive website!
- Smart Start Checking and Smart Start Share Certificates - special products for our teen members created to get you started on the path to financial prosperity!
- Student Loans - when it's time to go off to college, we've got student loans designed with your best interest in mind - low rates, no origination fees and flexible repayment options.
- Online Access - you can access your EFCU accounts online anytime with e-Banking or download our mobile app! It's convenient, secure and free!
CU Achieve™ (Students 18-21)
The CU Achieve program helps students and young adults learn about money and credit in the real world:
- Smart Start Checking - a special checking account for our younger members, Smart Start Checking has all the benefits of EFCU's Choice Checking, plus a free box of checks, a Visa® Debit Card and unlimited ATM transactions until you turn 22.
- Online Access - you can access your EFCU accounts online anytime with e-Banking. It's convenient, secure and free!
- Smart Start Certificate - An excellent way to grow your savings, this share certificate comes with a low minimum deposit of $50.00 and additional unlimited deposits of at least $25.00. Certificate will not renew after the age of 22.
Smart Start Checking™
We've taken all the great features of Choice Checking™ and added even more features to create Smart Start Checking for our members 13-21!
- No monthly service charge.
- No minimum balance requirements.
- Earn dividends on anything above $500 in your account.
- FREE first box of checks.
- Unlimited ATM transactions (You may be subject to ATM fees at other institutions machines).
- Note: when member turns 22, it reverts back to 10 transactions per month without fees.
- FREE e-Banking
- FREE Visa® Debit Card
- Flexible Use - direct deposit, payroll deductions, automatic loan transfers, and pre-authorized withdrawals for recurring payments.
- Unlimited access to an EFCU Loan Officer to answer any questions
Smart Start Share Certificate™
Finally, a Share Certificate that's made for kids and teens! We've greatly reduced the minimum amount required to open a Share Certificate, and created an easy way for friends and relatives to "gift" you with money. Earn high dividend rates on your money by investing in a 6 or 12 month term certificate. Start today with a low $50 minimum deposit and additional unlimited deposits of only $25. A Smart Start Share Certificate™ is a great way to save money! Certificates will not be renewed after age 22.
Dividends are paid monthly on all term certificates. Your certificates are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration to $250,000.
Click here to learn more about EFCU's Student Loans
Credit Unions Rock
Want to know more about credit unions and how we can help you? Credit Unions Rock is an informative website about, well, why credit unions rock! Remember, if you have a question about budgeting, establishing credit, getting a car, or anything financial, give us a call at 812.424.2621 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - that's what we're here for!