Online Shopping Tips
Online shopping offers many benefits for gift givers who prefer to steer clear of the traditional shopping experience. Make your online shopping as safe as possible:
- Shop with merchants you know and trust.
- Always use a credit card online.
- Make sure the transaction is secure - look for the padlock icon in your browser window frame and the "https://" in the URL when you go to the checkout page.
- Confirm the bottom line price, shipping schedule and return policy.
- Regularly check your accounts and billing statements. Be suspicious of bills that don’t arrive as usual, unexpected bills or account statements, and calls or letters about purchases you did not make.