e-Banking Security Tips
Q: Can anyone else see my accounts over the Internet?
A: EFCU uses the latest technology to keep your account information secure. Security features exist at every level-from your PC, to the Internet, and over our secure network. The following features are offered for full security:
- password protection
- Enhanced Login Security
- lockout-access is denied after the fifth consecutive invalid login
- timeout-account Access automatically logs off after a designated period of time
- exit button-exits Internet Bill Payment and Account Access
- cache security-ensures that no one can view a member's account information by accessing the cache file
- encrypted URL-ensures that any account information that appears in the URL is not readable
- SSL (secure sockets layer) protocol-allows for the transfer of digitally signed certificates for authentication procedures, and provides message integrity, ensuring that the data can't be altered during a transaction. In SSL protocol, Web addresses usually start with "https" instead of "http"
Q: What can I do to maximize the security provided for my account?
A: The e-Banking service has several effective security techniques that we encourage you to implement when you use the e-Banking service:
- Never reveal your password to anyone or leave your password anywhere that someone else can obtain and use it.
- Change your password on a regular basis.
- Use the Exit button to end each Internet banking session. Do not use the Back button to exit the site.
- Change your session timeout in User Options to a time that meets your needs.
- Balance your account on a regular basis. e-Banking makes it easy!